Bug#150634: ITP: gerris -- Gerris Flow Solver
Version: N/A; reported 2002-06-21
* Package name : gerris
Version : 0.1.0
Upstream Author : Stéphane Popinet, all arround cool coder
* URL : http://gfs.sf.net/
* License : GPL
Description : Gerris Flow Solver
Gerris is an Open Source Free Software library for the solution of the
partial differential equations describing fluid flow. The source code is
available free of charge under the Free Software GPL license.
Gerris is supported by NIWA (National Institute of Water and Atmospheric
research) and by the Marsden Fund of the Royal Society of New Zealand.
The code is written entirely in C and uses both the GLib Library and the
GTS Library for geometrical functions and object-oriented programming.
A brief summary of its main (current) features:
* The same code base can be compiled either with 2D or 3D support.
* Quadtree-based (Octree in 3D) spatial discretisation with
automatic (and possibly dynamic) local refinement.
* Multigrid Poisson solver.
* Second-order Godunov type advection scheme.
* Solves the time-dependent incompressible Euler equations.
* Support for complex solid boundaries (automatic locally-refined
* Flexible object-oriented specification of boundary conditions.
* Portable parallel support using the MPI library.
-- System Information
Debian Release: 3.0
Kernel: Linux ysabell 2.4.18-xfs #1 Mon May 6 10:13:44 CEST 2002 i686
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=en_US
-- no debconf information
Marcelo | "Woof. In tones of low menace."
firstname.lastname@example.org | -- Gaspode the wonder dog
| (Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org