Re: Debian on the Sharp Zaurus/SL-5xxx

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 04:51:28AM +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:

> Another one that could make a signifact difference for space constrained
> systems is the ability compile with -Os, specifying in the binary metadata
> what compile options were used or something. However it would be difficult
> to implement due to non-technical reasons.

As others have mentioned, this may not make enough of a difference to make
it worthwhile.  However, I am in general in favor of having a standardized
mechanism for passing compiler flags for source package builds, which would
make this possible, and also shut up all of the optimization freaks.

--
 - mdz