Re: Debian on the Sharp Zaurus/SL-5xxx

> I am interested in creating a full-featured Debian environment for the
> Zaurus,

Would this mean that you intend to reduce the number of essential packages?

As far as I can see there is a problem with the size of the essential
packages being very large and that you don't have to declare a dependency on
a package that is essential. Which could mean that the zaurus port would be
plagued with unsatisfied dependencies.

Btw, I'm totally for reducing the number of unnecessary programs that is
currently essential.

--
Magnus Ekdahl 0739-287181 magnus@debian.org maguno@ludd.luth.se
public key available at http://oxtan.campus.luth.se/magnus.public