LIDS packages-rulesets

Hello,
I had a thought about how I can setup package based lidsconfigurtion
best. Debian has many thousands of packages so it wouldn't be
usefull to check for every package if it's installed to set up
a special ruleset for it in the postinstscript.
What about having a script update-lids and a database for all packages
we have specific lidsconfigs for. Then every package could do a
update-lids <packagename> in the postinst script.
Would this be too much work for a comfortable lids-setup on debian
machines? Is it ok, if I file wishlist bugs for this against packages
special lids-rulesets exist for?
please tell me...

david
              Debian GNU/Linux  - _The_ free oprating system
  David Spreen  -  netzwurm@debian.org - C8B6823A (keyring.debian.org)