Re: deb-subset: proposal for yet another partial Debian mirroring tool

At Sun, 2 Jun 2002 02:31:36 +0400 (MSD),
Alexey Mahotkin wrote:

> Description
> ------------
>
> deb-subset makes a local copy of Debian packages archive.
>

> Primary goals
> --------------
>
> - do as much by default as possible -- only the necessary actions
>   should be explicitly specified by user;
>
> - allow very efficient disk space and traffic usage;
>
> - do not cut corners;

<snip>

> Existing solutions
>
> I had seen apt-move, mirror, wget -r, dpartialmirror, and debmirror.
> They are excellent for their purpose, but none of them fit my needs.

I'm using debpartial, which creates partial Packages/Sources files.
Though it doesn't fit your all needs, I'm making partial daily local
copy, which is currently installed on my machine, even though it is
connected the internet via slow bandwidth.