Re: New dictionaries-common Policy proposal

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 01:14:34PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > The idea is that the first part is in the national locale being the name
> > in parenthesis in english.
>
> Then it should probably be en_US, not english.

Not everyone is going to know his or her ISO country and language codes.

We're trying to make a distribution accessible to mere mortals, not one
that caters to the linguistic chauvinism of Americans, Englishmen,
Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders, etc.

Hint: attitudes summarized by the expression "One True x", where x is a
noun or noun phrase, are indicative of humor or bigotry, not substantive
argument.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     "Why do we have to hide from the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      police, Daddy?"