Extract debconf settings?

I'm about to install two _IDENTICAL_ machines, that is to
replace some functionality on my current live server.

I'd like exactly the same packages (dpkg --get-selections),
same configuration (debconf ?) etc. The only settings that
should NOT be identical (that I can think of) is hostname,
IP address and the 'heartbeat' config (one is master, the
other one slave).

Is it possible to extract the information that debconf knows
from machine1 and apply this on machine2?
--
munitions AK-47 arrangements Semtex Peking attack SDI Ortega PLO
Cocaine $400 million in gold bullion spy assassination FBI Khaddafi