Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

On 22 May 2002, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> Emile van Bergen <emile-deb@evbergen.xs4all.nl> writes:
>
> > "When do you think, *in general*, that new directories under /
> > *should* be created?"
>
> I think the answer to this question is: When FHS indicates they should
> be added.

Agreed. It's just a pity that the FHS will probably soon have added
/hurd without anybody ever having thought about some good, *general*
criteria when to add separate directories for binaries, which really
could have been worthwile for reasons also brought up by Alfred, and
that we've learned nothing new, just formalised existing practice for a
single upstream OS.

Everybody else seems to be content with that though, so I'm fine as well
then.

Cheers,

Emile.

--