Re: Release-critical Bugreport for May 17, 2002

#include <hallo.h>
Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote on Sun May 19, 2002 um 09:51:13PM:

> > >   144255 [       ] squid: maintainer scripts modify conffile /etc/squid.conf
> >
> > So what is happening with it? Should we release without squid or what?
>
> I don't think it is release-critical, the bug submitter thinks it is

You are the maintainer - downgrade the severity if you think so, or fix
it if you have been convinced. There is currently no squid in Woody,
what a shame.

> I will orphan all my packages except sysvinit after the woody
> release. What I/we do now is irrelevant, I think, since
> woody is frozen

Exactly. Yet another well known package that did not make it's way into
Woody becazy of lazyness and bureaucracy.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
>Actually, Microsoft is sort of a mixture between the Borg and the Ferengi.
Das stimmt so nicht - die Borg wissen wenigstens, wie ein Netzwerk
auszusehen hat.