Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Monday 20 May 2002 04:27, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 03:51:53PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> > IMHO, the target for the flames should be directed against the current
> > Debian GNU/Linux centred culture and not "cabals".  After all the
> > Debian's administrators reflect the current culture or they would not be
> > allowed to administer.
>
> The cabals are Debian GNU/Linux centred.

So what ? WTF you want ? You can't find a distro for your kernel (in fact
hurd is not kernel, it is currently based on that dead horse mach)

> > Don't look for a cabal when you are obstructed, the organisation's
> > culture is probably the problem.
>
> I made a careful analysis about what is actually happening at the
> moment I'm clearly seeing a cabal. With a few exceptions all Debian
> developers were willing to apply our patches. But the people in power
> of the infrastructure aren't willing and that's what is given us
> problems.
>
> Jeroen Dekkers

Why do you think all the listeners care about hurd and your points of view.
I'm pretty happy you are not official debian developer, otherwise I'll
--purge remove all your packages from my Debian GNU/Linux boxes. Yes, I have
Debian GNU/Hurd lying around, but it is not anything revolutionary you are
trying to present.  I like and use FreeBSD too, and you will never see
Free/Net/OpenBSD based on microkernel. Go talk about microkernels in
freebsd-hackers, and they will tell you "to stop the drugs". Imagine how many
kernel developers there are around the world, less that 0.5% think that
microkernel based systems are worthy.

You are just arrogant trying to insult current debian developers who really
care and work hard for debian.  I don't think there are people who takes you
seriously anymore. You are just funny.

--
Greets,
fr33zb1