Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 04:08:13PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Not being obstructed by any form of knowledge about the subject, I think
> Debian GNU/Hurd can never become the GNU system, simply because such a
> system could only be made by GNU itself, not by Debian.
>
> As I see it, Debian GNU/Hurd can, at most, be a system that helps people
> install, test, hack on, and play with, the Hurd as it is now. It can never
> fulfill RMS' dream he wrote down in the GNU Manifesto; consider the fact
> that Debian and GNU define 'Free Software' in a different way.

Well if that would be the only problem, I guess a seperate Debian-based
GNU-Distribution only with GNU software and hosted at gnu.gnu.org
wouldn't harm anyone.

That would still leave the other problems. But those are rather
technical and can be overcome, enough motivation and patience granted.

Michael

--
<marcus> dunham: You know how real numbers are constructed from rational
         numbers by equivalence classes of convergent sequences?