Re: possible mass-filing of bugs: many shared library packages contain binaries in usr/bin

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 10:27:32PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are some shared library packages that contain binaries in usr/bin
> It is generally a bad idea, considering co-installation of
> shared libraries with different sonames.
>
> The xxx-config scripts, most probably belong in -dev package.

[ ... the big list ... ]

Without getting into the big libexec debate, fine bugs against the couple
of packages which have -config scripts in the libfoo package rather than
the libfoo-dev package immediately.  This assuming of course there is a
libfoo-dev package, of course.  There were only one or two of those I saw,
so you should file them now, regardless of the result of the rest of this
debate.

Just my opinion, of course.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>                    Not many fishes

*** Topic for #redhat:  ReDHaT is the answer to all your problems. It
    could be the start too!