Re: libpng conflict?

ok, so I recompiled imlib package forcing it to compile against
libpng2-dev instead of libpng-dev, and that fixed the libpng issue, but
now a lot of gnome applications are complaining about

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers

evolution seems to work, but gnome-terminal (and multi) crash on
startup.

anyone else see any of these issues?