Re: Packages which need internet access, downloading source before build, should not be part of main.

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 05:17:24PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 05:05:35PM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> > Yes. I have fixed both the java-common and harden packages that did
> > this. The solution is that I have a separate cvs co line in the
> > makefile so if I check out the package from cvs I can just do
> > the make .... thing and get all other cvs sources too. cvs update
> > updates everything and so it is enough for me.
> >
> > This give the maintainer the ease of updating a package and
> > on the same time it is not necessary to have internet access.
>
> Yes. The doc-linux package has a 'refresh' target in debian/rules, which
> I can use to update the various source tarballs from upstream. When I
> took the package over, it took me several days just to do a single
> update, what with trying to get everything to build; now it takes
> perhaps half an hour, and I can use the rest of my time more
> productively.

That is ok iff it builds even without Internet connection.

Regards,

// Ola

> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]
>

> --

/  opal@debian.org                     Björnkärrsgatan 5 A.11   \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 584 36 LINKÖPING         |
|  +46 (0)13-17 69 83                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |