LILO bugs #146350 and others

Currently I have no time and no hardware to try and fix LILO bugs.

I would appreciate it if someone else could investigate this matter for me
and fix it if it's determined to be serious.

People have told me that LILO in woody can't boot the kernel-image packages
that are in woody.  I expect that this only applies to certain hardware
configurations as I wouldn't expect anyone to release an i386 kernel that
can't be booted with the latest lilo.