Re: libreadline

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 11:52:31PM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> What I wanted to state was, that I see the fakt of the replacement
> beeing GPLed is counterproductive, as the main reason to put a library
> under GPL in my eyes -  the encouragement of more GNU-usefull
> licences i.e. licences that permit at least as much as the GPL -
> is in my eyes not applicable to an ssl-implementation, because
> introducing an GPL-compatible standard helps this goals more than
> protecting the replacement from beeing abused by proprietary programs.

You can also say that because GnuTLS is GPL'd more programs will be
under the GPL if they want to use GnuTLS. It's just how you look at
the situation. But GNU decides it, so I suggest discussing it with
them instead of discussing on this list.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org