Re: packaging system

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 08:02:53PM +0200, HAESSIG Jean-Christophe wrote:
> Adam Heath wrote:
> >What is deity?
>
> AFAIK it is the brand new front-end to the debian packaging system.
> It will replace dselect in the new version of Debian.

We really should update whatever propaganda said that sometime. :)

deity was the original name for the project that produced apt, and is
still the name for its mailing list. The actual program called deity (a
user interface to apt) has been rather broken each time I've looked at
it: nobody seems to have fixed the many segfault bugs open against it,
and it's had a grave bug open without reply for nearly a year.