Re: [ Request for Help ] Re: BTS improvements (was: Re: 88 Priority violations in woody

On Wed, 1 May 2002, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > Please someone get me a cluebat for Tomas... apt-cache show debbugs.
> > >
> > > Arguably the package is not up to par with the CVS but that's because CVS
> > > doesn't work at all out of the box.
> >
> > And that's the _essential_ point of the story.
>
> Uhh, I don't get it, how would packaging something that doesn't even
> remotely work help anyone? :))

The point is, that you would get _much_ more people improving and fixing
the BTS if they could install it by themselves (since you are asking for
help here). So if there would be a way to bring the BTS into a state where
you could make a package of it (of course you need to make sure all the
other infrastructure is packaged/available as well). As I understand
debbugs is quite far from the current BTS (might be I'm wrong, that's what
I've read/heard everywhere) and I would imagine that people want the
features that the see (on bugs.d.o), so they will not use debbugs. I say
this because of read a review of debbugs and I've spoken with people that
have this opinion.

*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch