Re: The new way of closing bugs (dinstall)

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Sami Haahtinen wrote:

> but wouldn't this bring us back to the original problem where bts gets
> flooded with closing requests when the packages get moved to the
> archive?
>
> Does BTS have somekind of priority queue? if so, this could be used to
> drop request the final closing of the bugs (or to add more states to the
> bugs: fixed+testing, fixed+unstable) without a major performance
> issues.

This is not a problem.  The bts processes all mails serially(once every 15
minutes).

Previously, the bts would wait for each email response to be delivered, before
processing the next bug email.  However, Anthony Towns modified the code to
have the emails sent in the background, so that the 15 minute queue runs very
fast.

> i really do think that this sort of major tracking would be needed to
> see which of the bugs are really open in testing and stable.

If there is consensus about this issue, I will implement the states needed in
the BTS to manage this.  Then, it is only up to someone modifying dinstall to
send the new state change mails(probably simple, just changing a mail
template).