Re: Where to place Ada (Gnat) libraries

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 10:47:54PM +0100, Ian Sharpe wrote:
> Is there a Debian-preferred location for .ali files (etc) produced by
> the Gnat Ada compiler? The pattern seems to be:
>
>  .a/.so files in /usr/lib
>  .ali files in /usr/lib/xxx
>  .ads/.adb files in /usr/include/xxx
>
> where xxx is the package that the library is a part of.

If that's what the pattern is, then that's what you probably do. There
is no formal standard for where Ada pieces go. I've thought about
starting a debian-ada mailing list, which would be a fine place to argue
out all the details for a possible Ada policy or details to add to
Debian Policy.

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu
"It's not a habit; it's cool; I feel alive.