Re: Faster Release Cycle = More Up to date Packages...

On 11 Apr 2002 21:27:23 -0400
Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I think testing is an excellent thing to have, since it
> provides a semi-stable proto-release.  Unfortunately it is
> true that the existence of testing hasn't shortened the
> release cycle.

testing is, in my opinion, the feature that sets Debian apart from all
other Linux distributions. It's as if woody is released every day. I
can't imagine anyone using potato on his desktop system (Mozilla M18?),
and I bet a lot of (most?) production systems out there have also tired
of potato and made the move to woody. If the option were a move to
unstable, we'd probably be stuck to Mozilla M18 today, and perhaps
seriously considering a switch to some other more current Linux
distribution.

Sorry for the slightly OT post.

--
Carlos Sousa