Re: how-to push a package in testing ?

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

Hi *,

[libusb-dependent packages not making it into Woody]

> sane-backends has two RC bugs, one of which has been open for more than a
> week. 139509 appears like it should get sane-backends to build on mips; it's
> not clear what'll fix it on alpha, but that needs to happen too.

Fixed.

> sane-frontends has a versioned build-dependency on libc6-dev, which makes
> it fail on alpha and ia64, since those architectures use libc6.1-dev (which
> provides: libc6-dev).

Fixed.

> gphoto2 doesn't build correctly on arm, see:
> 	http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=arm&pkg=gphoto2&ver=2.0final-3
>
> kdegraphics seems to need a newer version of gphoto2 to be built on arm
> before it will work.

The two packages are now built on arm.

> There may be other packages which need to be upgraded at the same time
> as libusb. All of them need to be built on all architectures and free
> of release critical bugs for this to happen.

As of now, all packages are clear of RC bugs, and marked as valid
candidates. However, they still do not make it into Woody.

I believe we (maintainers depending on libusb) all have the same
problem : we all need these packages in the release, for some reason
or another.

Aj, could you please have a look at this issue ?

Thanks.

JB.