Re: [2002-04-06] Release Status Update

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 10:24:34PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
>     kvdr               masqmail                xtell

As much as I like to have woody released soon, I'm quite confused
because I don't understand why masqmail has to go:

masqmail (- to 0.1.16-2)

    * Maintainer: Debian QA Group
    * 12 days old (needed 10 days)
    * Trying to remove package, not update it
    * Not considered

masqmail depends on:

 libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), libglib1.2 (>= 1.2.0), libident (>= 0.22-1),
 liblockfile1 (>= 1.0), netbase

None of these packages have RC bugs. masqmail itself just has two
important bugs which will even be closed in the next release. What is
the problem? Did I miss something?

If there is any problem with masqmail itself, I'll let the upstream
author package a new version which I'll sponsor (he wants to maintain
his program).

Slightly confused
    Thimo

--