Re: dpkg triggers

* Brian May

| On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 02:18:37AM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
| > I'm working on a hack for dpkg to allow equivalent functionality to rpm
| > triggers.
|
| What applications does this have?

Recompile bytecode files when installing a new version/variant of an
interpreter (emacs, python), for instance.  This is currently solved
by running /usr/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-package-install in postinst.
Python isn't really solved in a clean way.

I would love to see this, it could make a lot of things _much_ cleaner
and easier.

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.