New Packages (i18n version of APT)

The release seems to draw near, but we won't see one of our central
packages translated, namely APT.

Why won't we? Well, perhaps because nobody tried to i18n it, perhaps?
No, that's not it. Well, maybe there are no translations ready. No,
that's not it either.

Patches are ready, 13 translations are ready, the package is uploaded -
but it's waiting. I uploaded it on 20 Jan. That is 2½ months. It's now
sitting in queue/new, and I'm very annoyed. How come we allow such long
delays? Is something wrong with the package? Not that I knew of. There's
been no feedback on this.

It all reminds me of the NMU queue. Some people waiting there for months
(possibly with good reasons, but with no notice on them), others going
through within days. It seems so arbitrary.

- Mike

--
|=| Michael Piefel
|=| Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin