Re: Debbugs and ACK messages

I'm no longer on this list, but was looking over the web archives.

Anyhow, just FYI:  the GCC folks have had to block owner@bugs.debian.org from
sending to the GCC bug-reporting addresses because of this auto-ack problem.

What apparently has been happening is that a Debian developer will forward
a gcc bug to GNATS, but include the nnnn@bugs address, then when the gcc
people make a change, gnats generates an email, which goes to debbugs,
which responds with "information FILED blah blah blah," which goes to gnats,
which generates an email...

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Phil