Re: Debbugs and ACK messages

On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 14:18, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Is there anyone out there who actually appreciates the storms of
> "Information received" acks that debbugs generates?  If not, it is
> fairly simple to turn them off - we just need to decide to do so.

I think this has come up before, but I can't find it in the -devel
archives.  Anyways, I personally don't like them either.  But there is
probably someone out there who does, so really our only possible
recourse is to make it an option.  This gets tricky though, because
right now the BTS isn't designed to do stuff depending on the submitter
at all...except for one, ah, special case.