Re: Debian's problems, Debian's future

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:53:25 -0500
Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 04:55:17PM +0100, Otto Wyss wrote:
>
> > If you really care about bandwide, build a local mirror with my download
> > script (option -A) and see that apt accesses the local mirror first when
> > updating. I dare to assert that this is currently by far the best solution
> > for saving bandwide.
>
> Or just use squid, skip the "build a local mirror" step, and save even more
> bandwidth by not downloading thousands of packages that you will never use.
I've been using this solution for quite a while now and I must say that it
is ideal for those who, like me have 2 computers running sid and maintains
sid chroots for build-dependency checking and gnome2 testing =D

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org> * <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>