Re: Policy proposal: 'local-foo' for system-specific init.d files

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:
> On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Karsten M. Self wrote:

>> This question (where do I put local init.d scripts) comes up enough
>> that a policy ought IMVAO be set for it.
> Hmm... well, ALL we need in policy is to define that no Debian
> packages should ever use an initscript ID prefixed by local.

1) similarly for all other *.d directories, e.g. /etc/cron.d - Debian
   has created many such directories on my system, and more may appear
   in the future.

   sfere$ locate /etc/\*.d|wc -l

2) it should explicitly be "local-", not just "local".