Re: dpkg triggers

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Brian May wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 02:18:37AM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> > I'm working on a hack for dpkg to allow equivalent functionality to rpm
> > triggers.
>
> What applications does this have?

It's a moot point now but webmin could have used this.  The main webmin
package maintains ACLs which say which user can use which modules.  With
this capability, installing a package containing a webmin module could set
of a trigger that would allow webmin to add it to the ACL and more
importantly remove it when the module is removed.

That's nothing you can't work around with existing dpkg functionality but
it's conceptually simpler IMO.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>