Re: ITP: mencal -- A menstruation calendar

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 10:56:17AM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 04:14:19PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > What's "the kernel? BSD, Mach, L4, Linux, ...???
>
> Linux. Get used to the current reality. Maybe in the future that will
> change, when there's a reason to do so, but not now.

Current reality: kernel-building tools and kernel source packages are being
built by porters for at *least* NetBSD and FreeBSD. Well. *A* porter. Me.

Much of the arguments over what to do about these has been deferred, as
requested, until after the Woody release. Expect to see some fairly large
scope proposals after that regarding various ways to make things saner.
Until then, we'll keep quietly working in our own little corner (aka, the
package archive being maintained for them privately).

Speaking of which, on a fairly different topic:

Is there anything better than 'debarchiver' for handling packages in the
private archives? It doesn't, AFAICT, handle the new pool structure, and
there are references to a lot of things katie supposedly does that this
doesn't; however, 'grep-available katie' on a testing box returns nada.
Is this, like the autobuilder, a separate source tree that's not packaged,
and if so, where might I find it?