ITI: HTTPS method for apt

I intend to implement a rudimental https method for apt. Since the
deity list does not seem to be open for subscription [0] I'm posting here
[1]. If anybody's got any suggestion whether there's such an effort
allready under way somewhere, how to implement things, where to start,
what to read (apart from libapt-dev-doc etc.) or special things to take
into account then please clue me in.
*t