RE: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

Can this thread please end? This is getting stupid now.

Look, whoever started this damnt hread. (Not worth me lookin back to find
out).

Regardless of what country you live in, or the laws in your country, Debian
GNU/Linux revolves around free as in ideas, speech, software, and the very
fabric of our individual societies. If you have a problem with a piece of
software THEN DON'T USE IT. Simple end of story, no ifs, ands, or buts about
it. YOU YOU YOU, are responsible for what YOUR YOUR YOUR daughter sees,
hears and/or is subjected to, NOT DEBIAN.

It is NOT NOT NOT (can I stress this enough?) Debian's place to police the
content of a particular software's entries if it conforms to our policies
(See the Debian GNU/Linux Social Contract and other such documents.) Show us
in there where it says we are to do this act you would ahve us do and THEN
we will gladly shut up, sit back, and police the contents of any and all
packages that are members of the Debian GNU/Linux distribution.

Your use of a distribution does NOT NOT NOT preclude YOU YOU YOU from being
socially an parentially responsible for ensuring your daughter does not see,
hear, or become exposed to any software or real world items you don't want
her to see. YOU are the irresponsible party IF you di NOT first check the
software that was installed BEFORE allowing her to viewor use it.

I have two children of my own. I have some things I am dead set against them
seeing or hearing. I'm a white southern boy, I grew up in a town almsot
completely populated by rascists. The word "nigger" darky" "nig" "tarbaby"or
other such derogatory remarks will NEVER be allowed in my house. My kids
WILL recieve a bar of soap in the mouth and a belt across the ass I EVER
hear something like that come from them!

I had an incident where my son came home from kindegarten saying the word
nigger. When asked where he heard that he said the teacher. I tore down to
that school so fast it wasn't funny. I berated the school for allowing such
comments to be said in front of my child and then promptly disenrolled him
and placed him in a different school. THAT is MY reponsibility, if I do not
like the way the school does something **I** have the responsibility to
change it. NOw, yes, the school does as well since they are a school of
public learning and subject to federal and state laws that require them to
obliterate any and all rascism while recieving federal or state funds.

My entire point in this is, IT IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF DEBIN GNU/LINUX
TO POLICE OR MONITOR PACKAGE CONTENTS FOR COMPLIANCE WITH YOUR SOCIAL AND
PERSONAL VALUE SYSTEMS.

I hate Neo-Nazi skinheads. I hate the Nazi movement, and everything it
stands for. I hate the Kul Klux Klan even though I have family members that
belive in their train of thought. We have many members that belivee in those
social and ethical value systems. Should we kick them out of the Debian
GNU/Linux project simply because of THEIR value systems?

No. Why? because THEY are socially responsible enough NOT to attempt to put
THEIR value systems on the project. They contribute good solid software that
provides meaningful use to that segment of society that chooses to use
Debian GNU/Linux. Simple. End of story.

If you want policing, can linux and reinstall windows. Use cybermonkey and
set it on it's highest settings. Then sit with your child(ren) while they
surf the net like any parent who truly cares what their children do and do
not become exposed to do.

Now, can we PLEASE, for the love of (your deity or lack thereof here), end
this thread?

David D. W. Downey ("pgpkeys")