Re: [2002-03-03] Release Status Update

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 05:22:56PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 01:32:45AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Tomorrow, or in the very near future, most of the following packages
> > will be dropped from testing due to release-critical bugs of one type
> > or another.
> >         addressbook  gtk-engines-flat  scid
> I don't see why scid is being removed.

Version 2.5-2 was in testing, which had bug #117452. The version in sid,
which has the bug fixed, doesn't build on arm.

> >         cxref        heartbeat         timidity
> There is a fix in the BTS for heartbeat; I will NMU.

Thanks. Removing heartbeat would actually remove webmin too, which I'm
avoiding atm.

> > 	http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/testing_probs.html
> How is this list generated?  This would be useful to know when trying to
> determine what the problems are with a package.

It's best to treat it as a black box, but you did ask:

	* It's updated daily, at the start of the testing scripts
	* If a package isn't in testing, it's assumed not to have bugs in
	  testing.
	* If a package is at the same (source) version in testing and
	  unstable, it's assumed to have the same number of bugs.
	* If it's not the same, it's assumed that the number of bugs haven't
	  changed.

Cheers,
aj

We came. We Saw. We Conferenced. http://linux.conf.au/

  ``Debian: giving you the power to shoot yourself in each
       toe individually.'' -- with kudos to Greg Lehey