Re: NO incoming for NON-US!

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 07:05:39PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> >  > Well, the package *is* available, although from incoming. Maybe the
> >  > "bug closed" message sent to the submitter should tell her to go there
> >  > (or even have full URLs, since incoming's index is rather large)
> >
> > You're discussing incoming on non-us.debian.org, are you not?  How is it
> > that you propose the users get a file from there?
> >
> > It most decidedly is NOT "available" if it's only available to those in
> > the maintainer clique.
>
> Never the less, the bug is fixed. We can't time bug closings based on
> when it is available to the submitter (else we'd have to wait several
> days for a full mirror push and secondary mirrors).

If we were to be completely assured the package is on a mirror local to the
submitter, we'd have to wait the amount of time it takes for their nearest
mirror to get updated, which ranges from a few hours to never. Several days
would be a pretty rough estimate...

(BTW from what I've seen, the push mirrored archives get updated within six
hours after the time dinstall ends.)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.