Re: xconq package maintained?

Timo Benk <t_benk@web.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just wondered if anyone maintains the xconq package anymore.
>
> The version in debian woody is quite old and there are some
> unclosed bugs which are all more or less 1 year old.
>
> I like the game and if it is not maintained anymore i am
> willed to take it over.
> Currently i am not a debian maintainer, so please tell me
> what i have to do if the original maintainer should have
> stopped maintaining.

Guessing you have applied as a maintainer, then package the new
version (7.4.1) and find someone to sponsor you. I would like to do
that, since I'm interested in getting a recent xconq into Debian ;-).

I guess it's best to package from scratch, using debhelper (the
original package does not) and use the relevant bits of the orignial
package (description, etc.). The maintainer of xconq is still alive,
his last message on this topic was [1], about a month ago.

I don't know if he's working on xconq right now. I CC'ed him, to be
sure he reads this. In case he has no time/interest in getting a
recent xconq into the distribution, I would like to help you on
packaging (as I already tried and stopped my efforts due to build
problems). If we hurry up, we might even get it into woody.

If you start packaging, please read [2] and [3].

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200201/msg02482.html
[2] http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xconq7/2002/msg00004.html
[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200202/msg01709.html

Regards,
        Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Dru@ICQ        | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
Georg-Rendlweg 28        | A-5111 Bürmoos | Austria       | Europe