Re: orphaned packages

Am 27.02.02 um 13:51:26 schrieb Uwe Hermann:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 06:10:00PM -0800, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> > As a prospective new developer, I'm curios what package would be really
> > goods to start with.
> Go to Freshmeat, download a small game or tool which you like and
> package it... Small games or the like are quite good as a learning
> experience, IMHO...

And after you packaged this small game, throw the package away please
and start working on something more useful. Uwe, we don't need another
500 silly games.

Trying to adopt orphaned packages is a very good idea. Things like
haskell-doc, masqmail or colorgcc shouldn't be too difficult, for a
challenge perhaps zope.

Bye,
    Mike

--