Re: syslog still uses syslog.0

Michael Meskes wrote:
> Does anyone else experience syslog not noticing the rotated log files? I do
> have files /var/log/syslog and /var/log/syslog.0, but syslog still uses
> /var/log/syslog.0 while /var/log/syslog remains empty. This only happens on
> my server, the workstations that are shutdown for the night work without a
> problem. Any idea?
>
> I'm not sure if this is a bug or a local problem. Since I didn't find it in
> thebug tracking system, I wonder what's going on.

Out of curiosity, did you update your /etc/init.d/sysklogd file recently?
If not, please do.  It is called with the argument "reload-or-restart", but
that will only work iff you've allowed dpkg to install the new conffile.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media.  -- H. Peter Anvin