[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: xconq (was: [2002-02-22] Release Status Update)

Martin Quinson <Martin.Quinson@ens-lyon.fr> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 07:48:18PM +0100, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> > [snip long list]
> > 
> > The only package I use (or rather would use if it was a recent
> > version) is xconq. There was some discussion about repackaging it [1]
> > and a mail from its maintainer (Peter Crystal, [2]), but no upload
> > since. What is the current status, Peter? 
> > 
> > I really would like to have xconq 7.4.1 in woody. For that we would
> > have to fix the grave bug #80576, but since that seems to be caused in
> > commandline parsing (haven't looked into the source yet), it shouldn't
> > be too hard to fix.
> I did report a whole bunch of bugs from the BTS to upstream, and most of
> them are fixed in upstream cvs. This perticular bug have a patch in the
> report, isn't it ? The bug is open since 27 Dec 2000, the patch since 17 Jan
> 2002, and we still wait for an answer of the maintainer about this.
> > If noone else steps forward, I may start to package xconq 7.4.1 from
> > scratch, try to fix #80576 and look trough the other (esp. RC) bugs
> > (probably #107410 is fixed by new upstream and #107313 has a patch).
> I guess it's too late to package a new version of the package, sadly. Should
> woody wait 3 weeks to have it entering afterward ? Or are you planning to
> upload untested software to testing ? :)
I don't know if it's really too late. Perhaps I will repackage it
anyway, upload it to DELAYED/some-day and see what happens.

> I also would like to use xconq, if the packaged version would be more
> recent. But I'm ok having it dropped from this release if it permits to do a
> quick release, and if woody + 1 comes quickly, too (what I expect to happen,
> somehow).
I don't care much about the version we have now in woody, since the
upstream (7.4.1) looks so much better :-)

> If you want to keep it into woody, just make an upload applying the given
> patch which was reviewed by upstream...
I will look into it right now -- if I manage to produce a decent 7.4.1
pkg today, I will upload it, else I'll leave it alone.

Andreas Rottmann         | Dru@ICQ        | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
Georg-Rendlweg 28        | A-5111 Bürmoos | Austria       | Europe
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc
Fingerprint              | DFB4 4EB4 78A4 5EEE 6219  F228 F92F CFC5 01FD 5B62

Reply to: