Re: Trying to rebuild all of Debian Packages

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 12:55:42AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	"If a source package requires a package which is not in the
>  build-essentials list to be able to build the binary package, or if
>  presence of a package prevents it from building, it MUST declare a
>  dependency or a conflict on the appropriate binary package,
>  indicating which (non-Essential) packages are required to be present
>  (or not present, in case of the conflict) on the system in order to
>  build the binary packages from the source package."

It is correct, but I think splitting the sentence would remove some
unnecessary complexity.

"If a source package requires a package which is not in the
build-essentials list to be able to build the binary package, it MUST
declare a dependency on the appropriate binary package, indicating which
(non-Essential) packages are required to be present on the system in
order to build the binary packages from the source package.

Respectively, if presence of a package prevents it from building, it
MUST declare a conflict on the appropriate binary package, indicating
which packages are required not to be present on the system in order to
build the binary packages from the source package."

--
Dmitry Borodaenko