Re: Debian doesn't have to be slower than time.

>>"Brian" == Brian White <bcwhite@pobox.com> writes:

 Brian> Yes.  The definitions of the different severities are tough to
 Brian> manage.  As I recall, "critical" means the package compromises
 Brian> other packages, "serious" means the package has security holes
 Brian> or is largely non-functional, and "important" simply meant
 Brian> that it was something that needed to be fixed before release
 Brian> ("better left out that in with this bug").

	Not quite. You are using serious in place of grave, for one.

	manoj

.p.s.  For the  record, the severity levels are:
 critical  makes unrelated software on the system (or the whole system)
           break, or causes serious data loss, or introduces a security hole
           on systems where you install the package.
   grave   makes the package in question unuseable or mostly so, or causes
           data loss, or introduces a security hole allowing access to the
           accounts of users who use the package.
   serious is a severe violation of Debian policy (that is, it violates a
           "must" or "required" directive), or, in the package maintainer's
           opinion, makes the package unsuitable for release.
 important a bug which has a major effect on the usability of a package,
           without rendering it completely unusable to everyone.
   normal  the default value, applicable to most bugs.
   minor   a problem which doesn't affect the package's usefulness, and is
           presumably trivial to fix.
  wishlist for any feature request, and also for any bugs that are very
           difficult to fix due to major design considerations.
   fixed   for bugs that are fixed but should not yet be closed. This is an
           exception for bugs fixed by non-maintainer uploads. Note: the
           "fixed" tag should be used instead.

--
 My God, I'm depressed!  Here I am, a computer with a mind a thousand
 times as powerful as yours, doing nothing but cranking out fortunes