Re: Proposed New Incoming System

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 10:36:48AM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, Adam Heath wrote:
>
> > I've suggested adding new states to the bts: pending-fixed and pending-closed.
> > When dinstall moves packages to the accept dir, it would set them to the two
> > above states.  When they actually get installed, it sends the normal
> > fixed/closed mails.
>
> In fact, I'll do so this weekend.

I thought the whole point of doing this was to prevent the list server
and bts from taking a beating at dinstall time when a bunch of bugs get
closed.  If you add the new states, wouldnt this just double that effect
instead of helping?

Ie. every 15 minutes some bugs change state to pending-*, then at
    dinstall time, they all again change state to fixed/closed.

Why not just go the whole 9 yards and run dinstall every 15 minutes? :)

Thanks,

Norbert