Compiling freeswan

How conservative is the freeze?

There is obviously some problem compiling freeswan. I have had 1.95 in
production a few days, it *feels* much better than 1.94. I had no
troubles inserting into a VPN infrastructure with strains of snapjan05.

This stability is of course not the real issue here. It is just that the
freeswan group publicly declared that 1.94 is deprecated in favour of,
say, snapjan05 en lieu of 1.95, which is now here.

I suggest therefore that inserting 1.95 into woody is likely to create a
better woody.

A note here.

I had a problem compiling freeswan. Then it turned out that freeswan is
incompatible with the ACLs in GRSecurity, which - luckily - i wasn't
using anyway. Is that then considered a bug in freeswan?

I don't know what caused the error message in bug #127236, but is this
confirmed to be a bug in freeswan?

to add up:
	* is it correct to release a deprecated version of a piece of software
as a consequence of the freeze?
	* Can we use 1.95 as the standard woody version of freeswan
	* Is it known what caused this bug?
--
Lars Bahner,
http://lars.bahner.com/

Nihil est sine ratione cur potius sit, quam non sit.