Re: Joe [and MANY others] doesn't delete its config directory[ies] on purge

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Josip Rodin wrote:

> And it's a dpkg bug, BTW.

I have a package, jboss-server.  It has a directory, /etc/jboss/lib.  This is
used to add items into it's classpath(thru symlinks or whathaveyou).

Removing that dir during purge really shouldn't be done.  Also, there could be
the situation where another package installs a file underneath /etc/jboss(I
have it all modularized), and not depend on jboss-server.  If jboss-server
were to do an unconditional remove, I would have bugs filed against me.

I also take exception to you calling this a dpkg bug.  If files exist in a
directory that dpkg does not know about, it doesn't touch them.  Do you
honestly want dpkg to remove those files, just so it can remove the directory?