Re: Proposed New Incoming System

Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> writes:

> How does non-US fit into http://incoming.debian.org/ ?

Obviously, it doesn't as non-US doesn't (currently) have a public
access version of it's incoming.

> >   o list notification and bug closures are changed to be done for
> >     ACCEPTs, not INSTALLs. Mail is sent only to the maintainer/uploader
> >     on INSTALL.
>
> Er, this seems wrong.  What about the out-of-date Maintainers file problem?

*shrug* It still exists.  NI doesn't make it any worse - because katie
(necessarily) processes source uploads first and because the daily run
size is so big these days, the Maintainers file is already synced far
too late to affect bug closures.  NI also doesn't appreciably worsen
the problem of people filing bugs on new packages which end up going
to 'Unknown package' because it doesn't change how often packages are
actually installed into the archive.

Don't get me wrong, the 'Maintainers - katie vs. the BTS' thing is a
problem and it should be fixed, but it's orthogonal to NI, I think.

> dupload does not do this.  All my recent uploads have had the
> .changes be the second to last file.

Perhaps it doesn't, my perl is pidgin at best and either I failed to
ask someone else or did but got the wrong answer, sorry.  I can't
imagine it's overly hard to fix, tho.

--
James