Re: php4 and apache

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 06:09:42PM +0100, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> > After an update yesterday I lost php4, I looked at it more
> > closely today and php4 depends on apache-common (<< 1.3.22.1)
> > But I yesterday got apache-common 1.3.23-1, so I get a dependancy
> > error. Can I just force php4 back in ?
>
> You should run an upgrade instead of a dist-upgrade in the future.
> Just rebuild php4 for now.

Actually, dselect-upgrade also ate php4, though I did not put apache on
hold nor tell it to remove php4.  ISTR it acting like apt-get upgrade in
this case, but it seems to have behaved more like dist-upgrade.  Saw what
it wanted to do, decided I didn't mind for now since I only use it for
local testing of pages in development before I screw things up on the
server, etc.  =)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>      Intelligent backside at large

// Minor lesson: don't fuck about with something you don't fully understand
        -- the dosdoom source code