Re: Update NEW package in incoming

zw@debian.org writes:
> My CHICKEN scheme package is in incoming and is tagged NEW, but the
> upstream is going to release a new version. Should I replace the old
> version in incoming, or should I wait for the package to come into
> Debian, then do a normal update, I'm afraid that will delay CHICKEN
> coming into Debian, no?

New upstream versions of packages go into unstable all the time, and
often a particular version of a package won't be in unstable long
enough to, say, reach testing.  I don't see any harm in letting the
version you have now enter the archive, and then uploading a new
upstream version when it's ready.

	-- Abra Mitchell