Re: openssh version info bug or feature ?

Paul Hampson writes:

I'd just worry that existing network audits will be thrown off by changing the version. I _do_ think we should change the version when we release a security fix, though. Or when we make major changes (not sure if we do for ssh).

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
Will you (or someone else) be submitting a bugreport against
ssh to that effect?

I haven't, though I'm cc'ing the ssh maintainer, Matthew Vernon, on this. I'm not quite sure if ssh follows the above or not, so I don't want to file a bug. At least not until verifying it doesn't follow it.