Re: DEBIAN_FRONTEND env.var case sensitivity

Hello Wichert,

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 02:47:52AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > Isn't the DEBIAN_FRONTEND content case insensitive?  At least debconf
> > seem to be.
>
> Only for backwards compatibility, which will most likely not be done
> anymore after woody. The name of the frontend is documented to be
> lowercase, and that is what everyone should use.
>
> Wichert.

What does "everyone should use" mean?
I ask because some NMU introduced a line like

        if [ "$DEBIAN_FRONTEND" != "Noninteractive" ] \

into fdutil's postinst.  Should this be changed then?
I guess the above line fixed a problem, so a simple
"$DEBIAN_FRONTEND" != "noninteractive" would break things
again.  Maybe I should check for both versions?

Jochen
--
                                         Omm
                                      (0)-(0)