Re: Mailcap, tmpfiles and master processes such as browsers

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 09:34:31PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> I'ld argue that only a process that created a tmpfile should remove
> it since that is the only process that knows when it is done with
> the file. If you can't be sure and just blindly remove files things
> break as this galeon bug demonstrates.

Err...  yes.  That's the problem (as I understand it).  Galeon isn't
removing the tempfile, the program that spawned it is since it assumes
that when the Galeon process it spawned exits the file is done with.
This isn't the case - the Galeon process has asked another Galeon
process to handle the file and is exiting since it has nothing else to
do.